Senior Industrial Designer
TDA Creative has recently partnered with a New York-based company launch platform to identify an Industrial Designer to join the team. This company’s mission is to build next-generation consumer brands and empowers passionate entrepreneurs with best-in-class creative, manufacturing, sales and marketing infrastructure to rapidly develop, launch and scale digitally-native consumer product brands.
About the Role
Our award-winning design team is looking to expand the team by adding a talented Senior Industrial Designer. We are a multi-disciplinary team consisting of visual media, web development, packaging design, communication design, and industrial design. You will assist our Industrial Designers with end-to-end design process, bringing our brands to life in creatively interesting ways. Our Industrial Designer will have the ability to impact each and every product we create and help build holistic product experiences that improve our customers daily life across the three brands within the group.
The role is based in NYC and reports into the Lead Industrial Designer and Lead Creative Strategist.
- Champion and manage the end-to-end Industrial Design process from research and concepting to product creation and launch
- Inspire and lead our growing Industrial Design team by providing a strong vision, applying an expert eye to ensure quality at each stage of the design process and modeling the way by managing projects within timeline and budget
- Confidently present and translate design concepts from ideation to delivery
- Act as cross-functional and cross-brand collaborator, with a honed ability to receive, iterate and incorporate feedback into designs
- Consistently deliver impeccable concepts, sketches, 3D models, and renderings
- Drive multiple projects at different stages across the Industrial Design team
- Own the review of detailing, refinement of designs and final development of prototypes and products.
- Lead and participate in team-wide design initiatives across brands and product lines
- Produce manufacturing-ready CAD, with the ability to create and review tech packs from our factories and communicate edits verbally and in 2D/3D.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
- 6-10 years of experience in the industrial design of consumer products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an adept ability to express and translate ideas and to problem solve challenges proactively
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities that come to life through form development and presentations
- Astute understanding of all categories of materials, manufacturing, molding techniques and processes
- Strong understanding of mechanical, manufacturing and production methodologies.
- Proficient in Adobe Product Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Mastery in visualization, modeling and rendering using Rhino, SolidWorks and Keyshot
- Developed creative eye with engineering knowledge and mindset
- Solutions-oriented problem solver who demonstrates curiosity, enthusiasm and
excellence in their work
- Thrives collaborating in a cross-functional team environment
- High bar for quality, rigor and integrity in your own work and col
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Fully stocked kitchen and bar
- Pet-friendly office
- Team outings