Installation Acceptance Engineer
Reporting to head of Delivery this highly visible key role is being involved in technically difficult installations of new products working as needed with the Head of IP design to overcome new product introductions prior to becoming BAU delivery products.
The role is also to ensure that the newly installed product is tested, documented, and certified as meeting the quality standards required as a pre-requisite to passing responsibility to the Network Support team. With upwards of 40-50 in building projects at any one time, the post holder will ideally be experienced in quality controlling technical installations of a similar nature and ensuring that the appropriate standards are met and feedback loops in place.
But just as important as experience is someone with a diligent eye for detail, personal task ownership and excellent organisation skills to be able to manage rapid deployments.
- Configure on site and remote network equipment including switches, routers, and servers.
- On site patching and installations of equipment in comms rooms to enable systems to operate.
- Work In data centres to enable, configure business wide equipment as needed.
- Carry out post installation surveys of all newly installed product to ensure site can be enabled by operators for revenue recognition.
- Ensure all steps for MNO configuration phases are carried out working with partners, including Corning, CommScope, Aricent and any other partners to ensure the systems is operational in good time for client and business needs.
- Review all installations for quality and completeness including testing and call checks
- Prepare complete suite of post installation documentation to be handed to Operators
- Sign off all completed installations for handover to the Network Support team ensuring support are happy to accept it in to live operation.
- Update all internal systems and processes as appropriate including Concert System Management tool
- Carry out tests via the monitoring systems to ensure that cells are working, and switches installed appropriate and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Mentor and support rest of delivery and support team on technical help and guidance using your experience to support the wider business.
- Carry out any other duties to support the Head of Delivery in operational delivery and support as and when needed.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of project validation in a similar role
- Experience of installation of high spec technology products
- Able to work to short deadlines and be dynamic and proactive.
- Flexible approach, willing to muck in to support the team generally where necessary
- Knowledge of compliance and industry regulations
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Good customer and stakeholder management
- A team player
- Higher education?qualified,?preferably degree or equivalent?
The successful candidate will:
- be a strong leader and team player;
- enjoy and be used to working in a dynamic and fast paced environment;
- have the highest levels of integrity.
They will also be aligned with our company values:
- Pioneering (we own the pace of change)
- Principled (together, we do what is right)
- Versatile (we adapt to evolve)
Health and safety responsibilities
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your work.
- Properly use and not interfere with anything provided to safeguard your health and safety.
- Cooperate with supervisors and managers on health and safety matters.
- Report all health and safety concerns to an appropriate person.
- Ensure that risk assessments are current and effective.
- Ensure employees are working in accordance with safe systems of work.
- Ensure the workplace is kept clean and tidy and free of obstructions.
- Ensure adequate supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE) are available.
- Ensure accidents and near issues are reported and properly investigated.