Lead Electrical Design & Development Engineer
LEAD ELECTRICAL DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER.
My client is on a mission to optimise the funnel of footfall at Petrol and EV forecourts.
They know that the majority of people that go through the forecourts everyday don't buy anything beyond fuel/electricity and they want to make it much easier for them to get the service or product they need and maximise their convenience experience of forecourts. They operate at the interface of logistics management, digital processes & systems, and new technologies.
They are building a novel retail solution that is intrinsically safe and can be installed at fuel and EV forecourts to allow ordering, payment and satisfaction of customer needs while they refuel/recharge their vehicle.
They are pioneering this technology and driving a change in usage behaviour at the forecourt, and they want a motivated Lead Engineer to lead the product development from prototype to fully engineered mass-produced unit, redefining industry standards while complying to sound health and safety requirements.
Given the early stage of the venture you will have a lot of autonomy to help shape the vision and mission of the client.
- The design and detailing of electrical parts, assemblies, and complete products.
- Inventing novel ways to solve problems and create market-leading solutions.
- Prototype & build of parts & assemblies.
- Research the hardware and technology to make the product work.
- Understand the prototyping and manufacturing costs to make this a success.
- Work with the co-founders to design the hardware and liaise with development team to integrate the software solutions.
- Interact with notified bodies to ensure ATEX and other HSE standards certification of developed product.
- 5+ years' experience in an electrical product development role.
- An engineering degree BSc, BEng or higher e.g. product design, electronic engineering or equivalent.
- Experience of taking complete products from concept through to manufacturing
- ATEX & IECEX experience and petrol pump safety management ideal.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirement for products developed for hazardous
- Knowledge of refrigeration methods, screen technologies, payment methods, areas. electrical requirements for outdoor equipment.